(pinterest-a5ec1.html)
Contact me
This form does not yet contain any fields.

discussions > Media Interest Topics

While I understand that most news outlets will not want to have an overtly religious discussion regarding THE FALL, there are still many topics of interest to media audiences.

The non-religious topics:

1. How a busy mom becomes an author—sleep deprivation

2. Written at Starbucks—never charged for office space in five years

3. VERY supportive hubby and family--homeschooling helps us fit in more time for our passions--mom included--Practical lesson: passion requires tenacity

4. The changing publishing world—e-books and real copies

5. The evolving business world in general—supporting local business/embracing Goliaths like Amazon and huge bookstore chains

6. An author HAS to promote—whether with a major publisher or not—if your name’s not Barack or Sarah Palin, ya gotta work it!

7. Many avenues of promotion—website, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and (revolutionary) face-to-face conversation (my Fave!)

8. Writing style compared to J.R.R. Tolkien, Frank Peretti, M. Night Shyamalan, Eugene Peterson and Steven King—put together.

9. Story enjoyed by all ages—rave reviews ranging from 12 yr-old boy to 88 yr-old WW II vet.

10. Crosses gender lines—thrilled by support from male readers—hubby advised to include more battle scenes :)

11. Feedback from many worldviews—LDS, anti-religion, traditional Judeo-Christian—all (so far) agree on enjoying the story, the writing style, and the characters.

12. Favorite review: Good friend/Starbucks pal who is “anti-cleric” and “anti-Bible” said, “Don’t stop writing. You’re good. I f---n’ love it.”

And, topics that could stir up a hornets’ nest:

13. A marriage of science and Bible regarding “the beginning.”

14. Interpretation of original sin—and it ain’t no apple.

Feedback please. Are there other topics/facets of this story--of its creation/effect/etc.--that you think should be included in this list?

December 3, 2011 | Registered CommenterChana

Chana,
    You amaze me!
    Love, Marti

September 15, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterMarti Franks

I had some wonderful influence from a best friend from 14 years on up. ;)

September 15, 2012 | Registered CommenterChana

Are you going to continue with the Rapha Chronicles?

May 7, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterKim

Hi Kim,

Yes I am. I expect the series to extend to about 4 books. It's a huge story to tell. Hope I live long enough to do it justice. (not being morbid, just see a story that could literally take the rest of my life to tell and tell well.)

Hugs & blessings,

Chana

May 21, 2013 | Registered CommenterChana